Random Autism Facts
There is a greater need to spread autism awareness more than ever as there is an increase in the number of children diagnosed with autism worldwide.
Maybe it’s the lack of knowledge about autism that is keeping some people from understanding and supporting individuals with this condition.
To help kids with autism, we will have to share what we know about autism. Starting by the following random autism facts below:
- Autism is a lifelong serious and disabling condition.
- Autism is more common in boys than in girls.
- Autism is not just in children. Children with autism grow up to be adults with autism.
- 34% of kids on the spectrum say that being bullied in school is the worst thing about being in school.support.
- One in three adults with autism have severe mental health problems due to lack of support.
- Dogs can calm, reduce aggressive behavior in kids with autism. Dogs have shown to enhance quality of life, safety and independence of kids with autism.
- Kids born premature or underweight have higher risk for autism.
- Autism was formerly called “Early Infantile Autism” or “Kanner’s Syndrome”.
- Kids with autism may experience coexisting conditions life tuberous sclerosis, epileptic seizures, learning disabilities, fragile X-syndrome and ADD.
- Generally children with autism have reduced sense of pain but may become more sensitive to touch, smell, sound which may result to reluctance to being hugged or cuddled.
- 97 million people all over the world have autism.
- Autism is more common than childhood diabetes, cancer and AIDS combined.
Help Kids with Autism
Don’t let a day pass by without doing something for kids with autism. A simple share of autism-related articles on social media will do. Or you can donate or be a volunteer.
Help a child with autism own an iPad by donating. Check out http://autismneedsyou.org for more details on how you can donate and help.